Taking on necessary upgrades and migrations can be daunting for businesses, particularly those not comfortable with the technology surrounding those changes.
The digital landscape is continuously changing. Consider how mobile DMPs have recently hit the ad tech scene, while many companies continue to figure out how a traditional data management platform fits into the business.
It is imperative that companies, and publishers in particular, figure out how to properly adjust to new changes in advertising technology by being smart about these processes.
At Digital BrainFest 2015, we caught up with Infinitive Executive Mike Haight for a video interview to learn more about best practices and strategies involving ad technology upgrades.
Watch this exclusive video for Mike’s insights on how companies can optimize ad technology upgrades and migrations to ensure end-user adoption, then read on for five tips for managing such transitions at your company:
Five Tips for Managing a Successful Ad Tech Upgrade and Migration
Mike’s key point is that companies need to maintain flexibility in adapting to change, especially as the digital advertising landscape continues to evolve and change. As Mike points out in the video:
[Companies] need to focus on how to better adopt and cope with change because it’s coming. And today it’s programmatic that’s the disruption, and soon it’s going to be native ads. And if it’s not native ads, it’s going to be viewability.
As Mike explains in the video, here are his top five tips for ensuring success when upgrading or migrating your ad technology:
- Stay on top, or ahead, of market trends in a changing digital world.
- Take advantage of periods of disruption to improve business processes.
- Integrate with other systems where available, and use the right resources to manage these projects.
- Know that it’s almost impossible to do something both fast and right. So opt for the latter!
- Define the end goal as adoption by users, not when the new program launches.The key is to offer proper training to end users to ensure successful, organization-wide adoption.
Check the Digital BrainFest Highlights page for additional recaps, videos and takeaways from this year’s event.
Need help? Let’s talk.
Get more from your ad business with Infinitive’s help. Learn more about our solutions for Publishers.