Challenge: Assessing Data Management Platform Viability
A leading transportation payment provider sought to determine if a data management platform (DMP) was viable as the core enabling technology of its digital advertising technology stack.
As a newcomer to the digital advertising space, the client looked to Infinitive’s cross-discipline expertise in customer intelligence and digital advertising solutions to provide a data-focused and comprehensive implementation strategy.
Solution: Creating a Data Management Platform Implementation Roadmap
Infinitive’s customer intelligence and digital ad solutions experts began by inventorying the company’s current data feeds from numerous systems and rationalizing them into DMP data requirements. Our team engaged and interviewed various stakeholders across the organization to define DMP data requirements for the company.
Other key actions we took to create a complete implementation strategy included:
- Provided client with build vs. buy rationale for data management platform solution
- Created organizational model – including team structure, job descriptions and cost estimates – required to support data-centric digital advertising operation
- Selected a short list of potential data management platform partners for client to utilize for a full-fledged vendor assessment
Results: Using a DMP for Data-Driven Digital Advertising
The company had a fully articulated data management platform implementation strategy and project approach that identified:
- The foundational data and technology (DMP) for a successful data-driven digital advertising program
- A multimillion dollar opportunity to create a new channel for digital advertising
- A comprehensive DMP implementation roadmap for how to efficiently and effectively seize the revenue generation opportunity from digital advertising