Challenges: Limited Resources to Support Large, Complex Video Product Launch
A top-five media network planned to launch a new video product that consolidated content from across its network of sites. The new product leveraged the network’s strongest asset – high-value video content – to connect with viewers via a branded customer experience with a common user interface (UI) supporting multiple languages.
Plus, the product allowed for site authentication and provided social and second-screen capabilities. Management recognized that robust reporting and strategic insights were critical to support the business and operational teams, enable real-time decision making, optimize video delivery and boost revenue generation.
Solution: Deep Expertise + Product Lifecycle Approach for Reporting and Strategic Analysis
The Infinitive team was engaged to help the company incorporate its available website, marketing and operational data to effectively track performance and guide strategic and tactical decisions for the new product. Applying best practices and its extensive industry expertise, the Infinitive team assisted across three phases:
- Pre-Launch: Data & Measurement Strategy
- Launch: Operational Reporting & Tactical Deep Dives
- Post-Launch: Steady-state Monitoring
Results: 360° View of Product Launch; Strategic, Actionable Insights; Optimized Monetization
The video product launch was a big success – and the company could clearly measure the value it created and the return on its investments. The network gained traction with its existing audience and also introduced the brand and product to new customers, and now has greater understanding of the needs and preferences of its audience segments.
Specifically, the company experienced:
- Overall video consumption: + 10% Compound Monthly Growth Rate
- Mobile video views: growth increased 4x
- Greater confidence in making content, video delivery, and marketing decisions
- Proactive technical issue identification, troubleshooting, and resolution resulting in + 30% saved revenue