Challenges: Incomplete & Low-Quality Data; Limited Analytics Capabilities
A leading online media company boasting dozens of high-traffic brands and online properties needed to migrate from a home-grown analytics platform to a scalable and more flexible platform as it entered a period of dramatic growth.
In total, this Fortune 500 organization served millions of online users on hundreds of media, commerce and product sites and 75+ advertising products.
Strategically, new analytics capabilities were critical as the network’s original custom publishing system was replaced by industry-standard content management and distribution, and for generating clearer insight into visitor preferences, unique behavior patterns and optimal pricing structures
Solution: Technology Selected, Deployed & Optimized; Data Governance Processes Established; Internal Expertise Developed
The Infinitive Analytics team led a full evaluation and analysis of technology options, and comprehensive RFP process, including requirements definition and vendor selection. After scoring the vendors, Omniture SiteCatalyst was selected.
Infinitive Analytics configured and deployed the technology to support the full network of global properties. At the time, this project resulted in the world’s largest and most sophisticated SiteCatalyst implementation.
Further, our people were critical in establishing the necessary data governance process and policies to guide the consistent capture of strategically valid metrics and overall performance data. Additionally, we assisted the organization in building a high-performance analytics team through training and education.
Specifically, the Infinitive Analytics team:
- Developed key business requirements
- Defined vendor selection criteria, scorecard and RFPs
- Conducted proof of concepts to compare final two vendors
- Documented recommendations and presented for executive sign-off
- Negotiated multi-year contract
- Developed and executed enterprise implementation plan
- Established and managed governance programs around tagging and data management
- Built and managed team of experts (i.e., analysts, reporting, tagging and data management specialists)
- Supported redesigns and new site launches
- Developed site, brand and network views of digital KPIs
- Continually enhanced and optimized the platform for best ROI
- Connected online and offline customer data
Results: Robust Analytics Capabilities; Trustworthy Data; “Single Version of the Truth”
After completing a successful and rapid launch, the company gained the performance insight it needed to optimize content, shorten time-to-market and streamline new product launch. Further, with more accurate tracking and automated reporting, it was easier to tailor offerings and allocate resources to meet market needs and expectations.
Company business leaders enjoyed having “a single version of the truth,” thanks to standardized KPIs, better data quality and relevant and timely reporting.
After the successful implementation and ongoing optimization, the company realized many benefits including:
- Actionable data for publishers to improve user experience and engagement
- Higher confidence in underlying data, allowing strategic and tactical decisions to be made in a timely manner
- Advanced analytics capabilities, including predictive modeling, segmentation and personalization
- Clearer customer insights, including 360⁰ view of customer behaviors and actions
- The creation of a “single version of the truth” for business leaders – based on data standards and a unified approach
- More consistent, timely, complete and relevant analysis, reporting and dashboards