Challenge: A Decentralized and Inefficient Approach to Digital Advertising
One of the world’s largest advertisers, this consumer packaged goods (CPG) leader invests billions of dollars annually in marketing its brands and products across multiple channels around the world.
The company’s digital advertising process is decentralized and driven locally in diverse markets using multiple digital media agencies. This decentralized approach resulted in inefficiencies, a lack of control and lack of data. Additionally, inconsistent reporting led to an inability to measure campaign effectiveness across markets.
Solution: A Goals-Focused Strategy for Data, Process and Technology
To address these issues, Infinitive created an overall data-driven digital advertising strategy and led the requirements, evaluation and implementation planning phases for a global ad server and data management platform (DMP).
The Infinitive team leveraged its digital advertising and CPG industry knowledge and expertise in business process optimization, advertising technology and marketing/data platform implementation to help this advertiser design the processes and deploy the “tech stack” needed to achieve its goals.
Specifically, the data-driven advertising and marketing strategy and roadmap outlined the data, technology and organizational capabilities required to align the client’s objectives with industry trends, opportunities and leading practices.
The Infinitive team engaged with 40+ stakeholders in 30+ global markets to understand key pain points and future-state digital advertising requirements. Additionally, our consultants:
- Defined and led the RFP process evaluating and selecting the right global ad server solution to support display, mobile and video advertising
- Defined and led the RFP process evaluating and selecting the right DMP to support global reporting, analytics and insight generation, audience targeting and integration with other platforms
- Provided an implementation approach and plan for rolling out the ad server and DMP across 30+ markets and multiple digital agencies to ensure adoption and ROI
- Delivered actionable recommendations for standardizing ad tagging and tracking taxonomy
Results: A Clear Path Forward to Digital Advertising
Infinitive helped this CPG develop the capabilities to establish advanced data-driven advertising and marketing through:
- A clear strategy and understanding of the capabilities required and sequencing of activities to meet digital advertising and marketing goals
- Increased control and transparency of digital advertising placements and spend
- Improved display advertising reporting both within individual markets and across markets
- Increased generation of detailed audience insights
- Increased media efficiency and effectiveness through frequency monitoring and more effective targeting
- Significant cost savings through technology consolidation and standardization