The data management platform (DMP) is a powerful and key component of the digital marketing technology ecosystem. This technology allows unprecedented targeting and control of consumer audiences to optimize messages and offers across all digital channels.
DMPs are not a new technology. According to eMarketer, more than 50% of digital marketers have implemented and actively use a data management platform.
What these marketers are realizing, however, is that their existing DMPs aren’t living up to its promise. The reality is that most marketers are struggling with performance issues and their ability to use this technology to meet core business objectives.
To generate max value from DMP investments and use them to their fullest capacity, marketers must ask a few critical questions, including:
- Do we understand what a DMP can do for our organization?
- Do we have the internal skills to effectively use a DMP?
- Are we collecting data from all digital interactions for complete views of consumer activities?
- Are we effectively using existing first-party data assets to better target new and existing customers?
- Are we able to syndicate and activate audiences across all digital channels and devices to ensure message consistency and effectiveness?
- Can we manage campaign and message frequency across channels and devices at a consumer level?
- Do we have the right DMP for our organization?
- How can we know if the DMP we chose can meet our business objectives?
Data Management Platform Services from Infinitive
Infinitive helps organizations take advantage of all that DMPs have to offer and maximize their DMP ROI by solving key integration challenges that constrain many implementations. Our capabilities include:
- DMP technology provider evaluation and selection
- DMP data strategy and integration evaluation and gap analysis
- DMP identity management assessment and strategy
- Audience segmentation analysis and creation
- Channel syndication development and automation
- DMP reporting and analytics development
- Data security audits and best practice implementations
- Organizational alignment and change management around the use of the DMP
- Ongoing DMP optimization and audience execution