Everybody Is a Target. Not Everybody Is a Victim.
With proliferating threats and more sophisticated cyber-crooks, virtually every company in every industry faces significant risk of a data breach. Even organizations with strong risk management practices may experience a catastrophic event. Those with weak or outdated practices almost certainly will.
Clearly defined strategies and robust plans for data loss prevention (DLP)—as well as effective monitoring capabilities – can significantly reduce the downside risk of data breaches and other security incidents. They also help ensure compliance with intensifying regulatory requirements and internal audit policies.
Most importantly, they safeguard intellectual property and sensitive data (including customer data), which helps boost stakeholder and consumer confidence.
Effective data loss prevention starts before a breach occurs, with a full recognition of risk levels, asset values and current vulnerabilities. Strong risk management leadership and a risk-informed culture are also increasingly important to protect assets and recover sooner.
Key Data Breach and Security Awareness Questions
- Can we locate sensitive data and classify it according to risk levels?
- What active monitoring capabilities are in place?
- Can our systems, processes and tools identify attempted breaches, neutralize threats and protect assets during attacks.
- Do we have sufficient response capabilities in place if a breach occurs?
- Are senior business leaders aware of major risks?
- Can we apply lessons learned from attempted breaches – both at our company and others?
Data Loss Prevention Solutions from Infinitive
Infinitive Insight’s data loss prevention (DLP) solutions help global companies in financial services, retail and other sectors locate sensitive data throughout the enterprise, and put appropriate mechanisms in place to protect and monitor that data in use, both in motion and at rest. Our solutions support organizational policy as well as regulatory compliance requirements.
Our specific services include:
Data Loss Prevention Assessment
Establishing, maintaining and demonstrating control over sensitive information assets begins with visibility into where those assets are stored and how they are being used. Safeguarding classified and designated information requires an integrated effort, including solid security policy, sound operational practices, and a high level of security awareness, as well as technical controls. We quantify and qualify the risk of data loss, including:
- Storage of designated and classified information on open file shares, desktop and laptop computers
- Transmission of sensitive information through unauthorized channels, such as email
- Copying sensitive information to USB drives and other removable media
As a result of this assessment, management gains an understanding of current exposure to data loss risk, the effectiveness of existing controls and appropriate recommendations.
Data Loss Prevention Remediation:
Based on DLP assessment results, DLP remediation provides data loss prevention solutions tailored to specific organizational needs. Stakeholder collaboration helps determine the best policies, products and deployment approach, all aligned and prioritized to data loss-related risks and business and operating principles. Our DLP remediation service supports compliance with industry rules and regulations, such as:
Key Features of Infinitive Insight’s Data Loss Prevention Solutions:
- Discover, monitor, and protect sensitive information
- Fully integrated with enterprise risk management and compliance programs
- Integrated solution with endpoint and network-based controls
- Flexible and customizable layered architecture
- Capable of passive monitoring and active protection in accordance with enterprise requirements
- Managed remotely or entirely located on client premises