Yes, You Can Optimize the Value from Your OMS
Old-school OMS holding you back? Not sure you’re getting the most from your advanced new order management system? You’re not alone!
When it comes to the fast-paced, cutting-edge world of digital advertising, the order management system (OMS) is an often overlooked and totally unsexy part of the ad tech stack. Everyone knows it’s a necessity – like indoor plumbing. And it can seem expensive to buy and implement the latest packages.
But not everyone realizes just how much business value effective integration and coordination across functions can deliver. If more digital ad organizations knew the order management best practices that can lead to higher revenue, better products, higher retention and less rework, the OMS would look a whole lot sexier.
Considering a new OMS or seeking to get more from a recently upgraded or installed platform?
Here are the key questions to ask:
- What is the business case and ROI target for adopting a new or updated OMS? And why hire an external partner for order management system implementation and integration?
- Of the available options, which order management system is the best fit for your business objectives, processes and organization? And which features do you need most?
- What advertising industry best practices can be applied?
- What is the plan for getting to full adoption across functions? Who is responsible for leading and socializing change across the organizations? And for training all stakeholders and users?
- Are sufficient resources available to complete the OMS implementation and integration without disrupting operations? Is this someone’s day job?
Why choose Infinitive as your official OMS implementation, integration and optimization partner?
Empathy and experience:
Infinitive has worked with more than half of the world’s top ten media companies. We have been doing order management system implementations for over 15 years, and have been involved in 70+ successful projects. And we’ve sat in our clients’ shoes, having held senior management positions in ad operations, sales and other areas at large media and publishing groups.
Through direct engagement and close collaboration with leading vendors and large client organizations, we’ve helped shape the development and evolution of order management software during the last decade.
Not to brag, but ask around and you’ll find that we’re viewed as gold-standard implementation partners. That’s why the best-known brands across 20+ industries have utilized our team.
Proven value-adding methodology:
Optimizing your OMS is 20% technology configuration and 80% inspiration – that is, strategies for mapping business goals to specific features and functionality, optimizing product catalogs, maintaining data quality and managing organizational change. And we’re 100% into the configuration details – you could say we’re passionate about the plumbing!
Client-first, vendor-friendly approach:
We ensure your OMS delivers precisely the firepower and functionality your business needs, working in the way that fits your unique product set, workflows and tech stack. We take advantage of all that OMS vendors have to offer, making sure you fully use every feature, module, widget and license you paid for.
Our focus on training, documentation and knowledge transfer gets users actually using the tools. That avoids the dreaded downward spiral where stakeholders question the value of the OMS or use it inconsistently. Because we’re digital therapists at heart, we help ensure everyone – ad ops, sales teams, accounting – see the goodness of the OMS.
What Clients Say:
Infinitive has become the gold standard for us.
We realize how important Infinitive has been in making the transition both fast and smooth…The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
The Infinitive team have been incredible partners in this project – responsive, smart and proactive.
Infinitive has been a great partner and their efforts have been beyond critical for all of the projects they lead.
Case Study: Improving Order Management with Best-in-Breed Technology
Read this case study to learn how one digital publisher transformed its ad business by implementing a new, top-class order management system and upgrading its ad server.
Our proven approach includes the following steps:
- Business requirements & process design
- Functional design and integration architecture
- Customized training
- Product catalog design
- Reporting requirements
- System and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Program/project management, implementation plan and communications plan