Challenges: Limited Forecasting Capabilities; Lack of Insight-Driven Reporting
A highly successful cable network was challenged to develop the digital analytics capabilities it needed to track the behavior of its fast-growing online audience. The network sought to understand and anticipate the needs of its audience and then deliver the content, offers and user experience that would keep them engaged across online channels. However, the company was resource-constrained, especially in a few critical areas. The internal analytics team struggled to develop and maintain quality reports for key business stakeholders and to provide actionable insights. Further, existing forecasting models were built on high-level assumptions and lacked relevant, value-adding detail; as a result the models were not sufficiently accurate to enable informed decision making about the business.
Solution: Deep Expertise + Best Practices for Tracking, Forecasting & Reporting
The Infinitive Analytics team was engaged to help the company enhance the tracking, forecasting and reporting capabilities and a set a course for long-term digital analytics success. Applying industry standards and proven best practices, the Infinitive Analytics team:
- Redesigned reporting processes and templates for accuracy and clarity of insights
- Rationalized and enhanced existing reports while developing new strategic reports
- Performed customer segmentation and other deep-dive analyses to understand the primary business drivers and predictive factors
- Built robust forecast models for traffic planning and “what-if” scenario analysis
- Provided a deeper understanding of audience engagement and current performance in social media, mobile channels, video consumption and other areas.
Results: More Accurate Data; Actionable & Predictive Insights; Competitive Advantage
Today, the network has gained much clearer insight into audience behaviors and needs and is therefore able to make decisions to improve performance in line with core business goals. Further, it has optimized investments in an advanced analytics platform. Specifically, the company is able to:
- Apply insights efficiently to improve the user experience and increase engagement through targeted content and offers
- Leverage advanced analytics capabilities, including predictive modeling, segmentation and personalization
- Improve access to data through intuitive, easy-to-consume reports and dashboards
- Make performance management decisions confidently, thanks to more accurate and consistent data, more effective analysis and increased visibility into performance