Challenges: Lack of Established PMO to Support Company-Wide IT Transformation
A leading media company was going through an IT transformation to become a fully integrated, business-centric partner in the design and development of business products and services. Key elements of this transformation called for:
- Developing technology roadmaps to enable future product development
- Making smarter investment decisions based on business priorities
- Ensuring that the right people with the right skills were assigned to the right roles
- Instilling greater fiscal discipline by improving business and technology partnerships
To enable the transformation, the company established a program management office (PMO) to provide direction and support for these activities through effective methods, processes, tools, governance structures and project management capabilities.
Solution: Deep Project Management Expertise + Industry Best Practices
To accelerate efforts to fully operationalize the PMO based on leading practices and implement priority projects, Infinitive staffed the critical initiative with a team of seasoned project managers. Areas of focus:
- Project management: coordination and oversight of numerous large-scale, multi million dollar projects, starting with projects on the CEO short list of strategic initiatives.
- PPM Good Practices: thought leadership and direction in defining methods and processes to support a methodology-agnostic project delivery framework.
- PPM Tools: analysis and support for the redesign of the project and portfolio management (PPM) toolset, resulting in improved reporting, productivity and executive visibility.
Results: Smarter Approach; Better Investment Decisions
By adopting a results-oriented, value-based approach (vs. simply developing processes for the sake of processes), Infinitive enabled the company to achieve the dual objectives of making smart investment decisions and delivering solutions to fulfill the investment objectives.