“It is amazing how many drivers think that the brakes are for slowing the car down,” said Mario Andretti, a legendary Formula One racer.
We view Cloud Governance in the same light – our clients are unlocking their business potential through a secure, efficient, and cost-effective cloud governance framework. In an earlier blog, we introduced you to cloud governance metrics and how they enhance data security, manage risk and compliance, and control costs.
In this blog, we will share how leading organizations look at cloud governance NOT as a necessary evil but as an enabler. Leading organizations are looking to establish great cloud governance programs to:
- Gain a Competitive Advantage: Increasing the speed of getting services to market, efficiency gains, and creating a better customer experience differentiate your organization from its competitors.
- Manage Risks: Leading organizations blend legacy and new cloud-based technologies to ensure data security while decreasing reputation and financial risk.
- Lower Risk Profiles: Comprehensive Policies, Standards, Controls, and Procedures (PSCP) are the hallmarks of mature organizations, ensuring that organizational and compliance risks are mitigated effectively.
With Infinitive’s Cloud Governance Model and Framework, we provide the structures, policies, procedures, and processes that your organization needs to drive all the positive outcomes that the cloud can provide – increase revenue, improve the customer experience, lower operation costs, and drive efficiencies.
Our Cloud Governance Model and Framework has six primary focus areas:
- Product Development: Providing a strategy and framework to maximize DevOps and developers’ productivity while maintaining risk posture. How innovation is accelerated using shared services, common tools, and reusable components
- Business Drivers & FinOps: Specific and desired business outcomes and user-driven approach to either advance business priorities and/or minimize risks or costs. The approach to monitoring and managing cloud costs
- Identity & Access Management: Ensuring the right people have access to the correct data and services: Users, Groups, Roles, Permissions, and Service Access
- Cloud Provisioning & Account Setup: Delegating authorities to provision cloud accounts and limiting the blast radius with a multi-account approach
- Cloud Security Compliance & Operations: Establishment of Cloud Security Policies and Procedures against recognized standards, such as NIST 800-53, HIPAA, PCI, FedRAMP, and ISO 27001, with a dedicated focus on continually monitoring and managing the cyber risk profile across the cloud to minimize exposure
- Data Transformation: A holistic approach to data management in the cloud that drives data democratization across the organization while mitigating risk
Developing and implementing policies, procedures, processes, and controls to manage a multi-cloud environment across an organization can be difficult and time-consuming, especially in a multi-cloud environment.
Improvements to risk management can be a critical differentiator for a company’s long-term success. At Infinitive, we are known for helping our clients “get the value out of their data” to drive incremental revenue and reduce costs. But before that data can be relied on to bring value, it must be accurate, available, and protected. Your business’ applications and services in the cloud require that too.
For more information on how your organization can implement Infinitive’s Cloud Governance Model and Framework into your business operation, contact us today.